Tuesday, April 12, 2016

MTC ~week 2

Spanish is coming really fast! Last wee, sorry it didnt send. pics dont send good here

This week was a great week! every day is mostly the same, we study and have a lot of classes. But one of my favorite times of the days is gym time. we can play futbol or volleyball. I didn't realize how good i am at those. everyday I can tell how my Spanish is getting better and better. I can hold a conversation with the Latinos now, I cant understand much of what they say but I can still talk to them. It really is lots of fun here. There are some things I forgot to say about last week. I had to get a typhoid shot but the church payed for it so it wasn't a big deal. They have some really weird fruits here. One of them you crack open like an egg and it has like a white pocket. on the inside of the white pocket it looks like fish eggs that taste like grapes! haha! when I was playing volleyball a few days ago I pulled a muscle in my leg during warm ups. It was only bad for a few days but I'm mostly better now. The  mtc is in a kind of sketchy place in Colombia. There are car alarms and sirens going off every night. its kinda scary. The other night(Wednesday) there was a drive by! Super scary, I didn't hear it cause I was asleep, but the other elders says they heard screeching then a gunshot. We went to the temple again this morning and that's where a lot of my pictures are from. Last week we got a new district and district leaders. We lost Elder Rollins and Elder Tingey from our district and got Elder Goodwin and Elder Kilcollins. Elder Kilcollins is from Canada and is our district leader. but Elder Goodwin is so funny, hes probably one of my faavorite missionaries. Lots of the Latinos here are trying to learn English. Some of them know quite a bit but aren't that good at it. So every night we say nightly prayers, every other night me or my companion will pray in. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment